The TRIUMF Five-Year Plan (5YP) is designed to serve and advance the broader interests of Canada. The first and primary opportunity for input into the strategic plan is the so-called "PPAC Three-Pager" prioritization process. Other opportunities for review and comment will be proivided as the plan is distilled, concentrated, and focused.
- Jun 11, 2012: Call for "Proposals for TRIUMF Commitments, 2015-2020" was issued. Reiner Kruecken, Head of the Science Division at TRIUMF, presented this request at the Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) Congress held in Calgary. Proponents are requested to fill out the Three-Page Committment form (below).
- Sep 17, 2012: Deadline for submitting three-pagers to 5YPSC@triumf.ca by September 17, 2012. TRIUMF's Policy and Planning Advisory Committee will review all suggested commitments and recommend a set of priorities and strategic directions to the TRIUMF direct by November 1, 2012.
- Oct 15, 2012: The PDF Portfolio files below were sent to PPAC.
- Nov 1, 2012: PPAC holds its prioritization meeting.
- Nov 26, 2012: The PPAC Final Report is complete and publicly available.
- Dec 20, 2012: Draft outline for the Five-Year Plan report is complete and publicly available.
- May 27, 2013: Overivew of the 5YP Strategic Plan shared with the community at CAP Congress 2013 in Montreal (see Reiner Kruecken's presentation). Comments are welcomed at 5YPSC at triumf.ca.
- Jul 16, 2013: Draft Five-Year Plan scenarios shared for comments at Annual General Meeting of TRIUMF Users Group
- Jul 26, 2013: Invited-comment period on completed manuscript (CINP, IPP, Kitchen Cabinet, PPAC, SMM, TUEC).
- Aug 9, 2013: Close of invited-comment period on draft manuscript .
- Aug 19, 2013: Manuscript transmitted to design & layout team for typesetting.
- Sep 26, 2012: Full report printed.