|High School Fellowship ||Physics In Action Video Series|
As a world-leading research laboratory, TRIUMF takes its commitment to the citizens of Canada seriously. A key component of that commitment is a formal education & outreach program with a mission of promoting science and research in the public arena. TRIUMF’s outreach activities are also designed to tell Canadian students, teachers, and the public about the excitement of curiosity-driven research and about how a laboratory like TRIUMF adds value to Canada in new technologies, medical applications, and highly qualified people.
TRIUMF offers outreach programs for high-school students, teachers, and the general public. For example:
- Saturday morning physics lectures
- High-school student research fellowships
- Canadian network for cosmic-ray detection
- High-school and college teacher internships
- Public tours.
- Take Our Kids to Work day - for Grade 9 students
TRIUMF has an ongoing commitment to education at all levels. Student programs target high-school students, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as post-doctoral and research assistant positions. TRIUMF provides scholarships, on-site educational opportunities, and student-focused conferences and initiatives. As well as academically focused educational opportunities, TRIUMF provides training for technical and trades careers through co-op programs.
- Innovative educational materials such as videos for high-school students and teachers
- Co-operative education for undergraduates
- Undergraduate summer research awards
- Graduate student research
- Post-doctoral fellows and research associates
- University teaching
- TRIUMF Summer Institute
- Opportunities for student participation in scientific conferences.
If you have any questions about TRIUMF's education and outreach program, please contact the Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org