As part of preparing for TRIUMF's next five-year plan, the TRIUMF director has convened a Special Experiment Evaluation Committee (SEEC) on subatomic physics to review and analyze several proposed initiatives in nuclear physics. The SEEC committee will review the physics case for the e-linac driver, the second proton beamline, and the ultracold-neutron source.
Talks presented at the meeting are available; see below (March 25, 2008).
- Robert Tribble, Texas A&M Univ, Chair
- Stuart Freedman, Univ of California at Berkeley
- Paul Garrett, University of Guelp, Member of the EEC.
- Chuck Horowitz, Indiana Univ
- Christian Iliadis, Univ of North Carolina
- Achim Richter, TU-Darmstadt
- Peter Butler, Univ of Liverpool, Consultant
- Carl Wieman, Univ of British Columbia, Consultant
The SEEC will meet March 24-26, 2008, at TRIUMF in Vancouver. There will be some public sessions. A final agenda for the meeting has been prepared.
Terms of Reference for the SEEC meeting have been prepared.
Presentations at the Meeting
- Nigel Lockyer
- Dean Karlen
- Shane Koscielniak
- Pierre Bricault
- Barry Davids
- Jens Dilling
- Achim Schwenk
- Jean-Michel Poutissou
- Marik Dombsky
- Gerald Gwinner
- Tim Chupp
- Ritu Kanungo
- Bob Laxdal
- Jeff Martin
- Des Ramsay