The Accelerator Advisory Committee (AAC) provides advice to the TRIUMF Director and the Head of the Accelerator Division about recent activities and proposed future initiatives. The AAC was convened in 2008 and performed critical work in preparing the Five-Year Plan 2010-2015.
- Mark de Jong, Canadian Light Source, Chair
- Marco Schippers, Paul Scherrer Institute
- Mats Lindroos, CERN
- Sergei Nagaitsev, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Hasan Padamsee, Cornell Univ
- Charles Sinclair, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (retired)
- The first meeting of the AAC was held April 3-4, 2008, at TRIUMF in Vancouver. There will be some public sessions. An agenda for the meeting has been prepared. Presentations made at the meeting can be found on the TRIUMF InDiCo site.
- The second meeting of the AAC will be held December 14-16, 2009, at TRIUMF in Vancouver. NOTE: To facilitate the work of the committee, the plenary and breakout sessions are attendance by invitation only; the closeout session on Wednesday is open to everyone. The meeting will focus primarily on a review of the e-linac project and the associated facilities in the proposed Advanced Rare IsotopE Laboratory (ARIEL). The agenda is on the TRIUMF InDicCo site. For this meeting, the committee has been augmented by several additional experts.
- Geoff Kraff, Thomas Jeffferson National Accelerator Facility
- Jacques Lettry, CERN
- Richard Stanek, Fermilab
Terms of Reference
The AAC Terms of Reference have been published.
The AAC's first report is available here in PDF form.