The TRIUMF Users' Group is an organization of scientists and engineers with special interest in the use of the TRIUMF facility. Its purpose is:
- to provide a formal means for exchange of information relating to the development and use of the facility;
- to advise members of the entire TRIUMF organization of projects and facilities available
- to provide an entity responsive to the representations of its members for offering advice and counsel to the TRIUMF management on operating policy and facilities.
The TRIUMF Users’ Group Executive Committee (TUEC) is an elected body of seven members designed to manage the business and affairs of the Users’ Group. It consists of a Chair, Past Chair and Chair-Elect, as well as four representatives. TUEC also acts as a liaison between members of the Users’ Group and TRIUMF.
New TUEC members
We welcome five new members to the Executive Committee!
- Cornelia Hoehr (TRIUMF) will be the new Chair Elect in 2015.
- Zaher Salman (Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland) and Ruediger Picker (TRIUMF) will be the two new representatives for 2014-15
- Dieter Frekers (University of Muenster, Germany) and Scott Oser (University of British Columbia) will be the two new representatives for 2015-16.
All (past, present and future) members of the TUEC can be found here.
TUG News & Announcements
- The dates for the next EEC meetings are Jan. 21/22, 2015 for the MMS-EEC and Jan. 23/24, 2015 for the SAP-EEC. See announcement here. More information will follow, the deadlines for proposal submissions will be around Dec. 9th, 2014.
- TRIUMFs search for a new director has been successfully completed! The
User Group is welcoming Dr. Jonathan Bagger who started his six-year
term on July 1st, 2014. For more information, see here.
- The 5-Year-Plan (2015-2020) is available here.
The date for the AGM 2015 will be announced soon. As
in previous years, this one-day meeting will be combined with the ARIEL
workshop and EEC meetings and leave some time for collaboration meeting.
A list of previous AGM's can be found
Subscribe to the TUG email list!
We ask every user to subscribe to the new mailing list as soon as possible via the
following link. No more emails will be send to the old TUG mailing list.
With the new list you can easily subscribe or unsubscribe, and the TUEC has
a quick way to distribute TUG-related information to the community.
For Quick Links, see here.
Suggestions, Comments, Concerns
Send inquiries to the TUEC Liaison Officer, the TUEC Chair and Chair Elect.
Page "maintained" by Iris Dillmann (06/02/14)