The TRIUMF Users' Group is an organization of scientists and engineers with special interest in the use of the TRIUMF facility. Its purpose is:
- to provide a formal means for exchange of information relating to the development and use of the facility;
- to advise members of the entire TRIUMF organization of projects and facilities available
- to provide an entity responsive to the representations of its members for offering advice and counsel to the TRIUMF management on operating policy and facilities.
The TRIUMF Users’ Group Executive Committee (TUEC) is an elected body of seven members designed to manage the business and affairs of the Users’ Group. It consists of a Chair, Past Chair and Chair-Elect, as well as four representatives. TUEC also acts as a liaison between members of the Users’ Group and TRIUMF. List of current and past executives (TUECs).
TUG News & Announcements
- If you want to receive emails on EEC meetings, beam request deadlines, information on beam schedules etc. please subscribe to the Experimental Program Listserve mailing list at this link. This mailing list is different to the TUG mailing list! We normally do not send these announcements via the TUG mailing list.
- A special issue of Hyperfine Interactions about "ISAC and ARIEL: The TRIUMF Radioactive Beam Facilities and the Scientific Program" is available under this link.
- On October 23rd, 2014 the TUECs have met the the new TRIUMF director, Jonathan Bagger, and the Science Director, Reiner Kruecken. Several topics were discussed and concerns raised, for example about the repair of beamline M9, the beta-NMR program, the possible reduction of cyclotron operation time to 6 months, and the support of the ATLAS Tier-1 center. The directors also presented their strategy for raising additional funding beyond the present baseline funding, and outlined possible consequences if these funds cannot acquired. The minutes from this meeting can be found here.
- Next EEC meetings are during the TRIUMF SCIENCE WEEK
July 6/7, 2015: MMS-EEC
July 7/8, 2015: TUG Annual General Meeting 2015
July 8/9, 2015: ARIEL Science Workshop
July 10/11, 2015: SAP-EEC
The next AGM (Annual General Meeting) of the TRIUMF Users Group will be during the Science Week at TRIUMF on July 7th (afternoon) and July 8th (morning). As
in previous years, our one-day AGM will be combined with the ARIEL
workshop and EEC meetings and leave some time for collaboration meetings. More information will follow soon.
A list of previous AGM's can be found here.
Subscribe to the TUG email list!
We ask every user to subscribe to the new mailing list as soon as possible via the
following link. No more emails will be send to the old TUG mailing list.
With the new list you can easily subscribe or unsubscribe, and the TUEC has a quick way to distribute TUG-related information to the community.
TUG Quick Links
For Quick Links, see here.
Suggestions, Comments, Concerns
Send inquiries to the TUEC Liaison Officer, the TUEC Chair and Chair Elect.
Page "maintained" by Iris Dillmann (02/15)