You are here

Co-op and Summer Student Program


TRIUMF is a major employer of undergraduate students participating in cooperative (co-op) education programs at universities across Canada.  Each year TRIUMF hosts about 30 such co-op students in each of the three four-month terms. Opportunities (mostly in summer) are available for undergraduates not in co-op.

TRIUMF offers an unique experience at a world-class research laboratory amongst scientists and students from around the world. The jobs offered reflect the broad range of lab research: particle and nuclear physics, material and molecular science, accelerator science, nuclear medicine, plus engineering and computing.

Contact us if you have any questions about TRIUMF's cooperative education program

Information for current students can be found here.


The undergrad work year is organized in three terms of 4 months each. 

    • Winter term:    January-April
    • Summer term: May-August
    • Fall term:        September-December

Most positions are for four months, but eight month extended placements are also common. The application procedure is described below.

Since TRIUMF is a national laboratory, a job offer includes a return air fare for candidates requiring travel to Vanouver, and help securing accomodation in near the lab, which could include a one-week stay at TRIUMF House at the start of the appointment to allow the student to seek accomodation on their own.

Job Postings

Click here for a listing (if any) of the current undergraduate jobs available.

 For each term, new jobs are posted at the start of the previous term (e.g. summer jobs starting in May are posted in mid January)


Application Procedure

To apply for any of the job postings, you must submit  applications through TRIUMF's Student Career site.

The following must be uploaded with your application:

  • Covering letter
  • Resume
  • Transcript of all post secondary grades (unofficial copies are accepted)

These jobs are available to:

  • Undergraduate students (Canadian or Permanent Residents) registered at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
  • Foreign undergraduate students studying at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada who hold a Canadian Work Permit in addition to their Study Permit.

    Please direct any inquires to

    This site is maintained by TRAC - Last updated February 20, 2018