TRIUMF's User Liaisons are here to help!
(acting) Visitor Services Coordinator
For all visitors (scientists, contactors, etc) unsure of where to turn, the first point of contact should be with Erin Madill. She can help with:
- Handling onboarding procedures, including:
* Issuing building access cards
* Facilitating procedures for obtaining dosimeters and computer accounts
* Responding to administrative questions, and directing queries to appropriate TRIUMF contacts
Erin can be reached at:
visitorsoffice [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-1047 (front desk)
Head, Academic and User Programs
Dr. Marcello Pavan, can assist with general questions from experimenters:
- visit protocols
- safety training requirements
- travel to/accomodation at TRIUMF
- Information about Vancouver area
- all questions regarding the visitor experience at TRIUMF and can point visitors to the appropriate Facility Liaison Scientist (see below) for technical needs.
Marcello can be reached at:
marcello [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-7525 (direct)
User Liaison Scientists
The Liaison Scientists assist visitors with their technical needs, including:
- proposal writing and submission
- beam time requests
- project initiation
- equipment transport to TRIUMF
- access to local infrastructure
- safety orientations and report preparations
The Liaison Scientists are available if there are any questions or concerns about an experiment.
Dr. Iain McKenzie is the Liasion for the Centre for Material and Molecular Science. He is responsible for all material and molecular science experiments performed on the muons channels and the beta-NMR facility.
Iain can be reached at:
iain.mckenzie [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-7386 (direct)
Martin can be reached at:
malcorta [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-7419 (direct)
Thomas can be reached at:
lindner [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-1047 ext 6181
Non-muon Experiments and Testing in Meson Hall
Dr. Isabel Trigger is the Liaison for experiments and testing utilizing the M11 beam channel in the Meson Hall.
Isabel can be reached at:
itrigger [at] triumf [dot] ca OR 1-604-222-7651 (drect)