Integrated Design Team
- Environmental performances targets are established at inception of project. by an integrated, cross-disciplinary design team
Sustainable Site & Stormwater Management
- Net zero impact on ecological health and providing a habitat equivalent with the existing site.
- Compact footprint, making use of previously paved area previously occupied by service trailers and thereby helping preserve existing forest.
- Easily accessible by frequent public transit and by bike routes.
- Highly-reflective roof to reduce the heat island effect and lower cooling to building during summer season.
- Use of native planting materials that are native to the region and the microclimate and will require no irrigation
- Energy-saving features that exceed the baseline set by the MNECB by 40%.
- Low-power consumption lighting systems and occupancy sensors
- High-efficiency heating and cooling Equipment.
- Zero use of CFC based refrigerants for HVAC&R systems.
- Green Power for the 1st 2 years of operation.
Material & Resources
- Durable building rain-screen technology
- Designed for flexibility to allow adaptive change as technology and needs evolve.
- Energy-efficient envelope, high performance low-E windows
- Construction Waste achieved 90.5% diversion from landfill.
Healthy Indoor Environment
- Natural daylight to 100% of regularly occupied spaces
- Local or individual control for temperature and ventilation. Every regularly occupied space has operable windows.
- Natural vegetation, trees, open courtyard and window shading to minimize direct solar gain