TRIUMF Science Week has returned!
Beginning today, the laboratory community will join colleagues and friends from around the world to explore new perspectives for TRIUMF science, celebrate recent achievements across the lab, discuss new initiatives for the future, and reconnect in-person and online.
This year, highlights include:
- A celebration of recent achievements: We will celebrate the achievements from across the last year, with a particular focus on highlighting Early Career Researchers, who will have an opportunity to highlight their newest results and to network with the community. We'll also be debuting a preliminary demonstration of TRIUMF's augmented reality (AR) tools in support of the Student Poster Session.
- 5-year Strategic Plan Engagement: Our community will be leading a number of conversations on major science directions and new initiatives for the next Five-Year Plan 2025-2030. These directions will be guided by the TRIUMF 20-Year Vision, which can be found here:
- Community barbecue at UBC Farms, including volleyball and soccer games and a match of students vs faculty (may the best team win!)
- Let's Talk Science student competition, including a kick-off talk by UBC's Jess McIver
- Networking event focused on students and post-docs
- TUG General meeting and TRIUMF-wide Town Hall
- Photo competition: Participants are encouraged to use the hashtag #TRIUMFScienceWeek or #TRIUMFScienceWeek2022 to share their Science Week experiences and snap-worthy moments. These will be collected on a digital photowall where participants can vote on their favourite picture from the week.