The TRIUMF Policy and Planning Advisory Committee (PPAC) advises the Director on scientific policy and facilitates two-way communication with the research communities at the member universities.
PPAC meets at least once per year to provide advice on the scientific direction of TRIUMF and on major policy documents, including the 5-year plan, in order to help the laboratory meet the needs of the university research community. A written report is submitted to the Director and the Board of Management.
The following is a representative list of topics that are especially relevant for the Committee's consideration: relations between TRIUMF and the university research community, university involvement in the 5-year plan and its implementation, CFI applications, graduate student engagement at TRIUMF, promotion of TRIUMF as a sabbatical option, specialized workshops relevant to university researchers.
The Policy and Planning Advisory Committee is selected by the Director, and includes at least one faculty from each full member university.
To ensure representation from all areas of scientific interest to the laboratory, the Director, in consultation with the Chair, may appoint a limited number of members from the larger TRIUMF community, including the possibility of an additional person from a member university.
Current PPAC membership includes:
- Dr. Corina Andreoiu, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Jean-François Arguin, Université de Montréal
- Dr. David Asgeirsson, TRIUMF Innovations
- Dr. Sampa Bhadra, York University
- Dr. Paul Garrett, University of Guelph
- Dr. Darren Grant, University of Alberta
- Dr. Pr Brigitte Guérin, Université de Sherbrooke
- Dr. Garth Huber, University of Regina
- Dr. Hae-Young Kee, University of Toronto
- Dr. Robert Kowalewski, University of Victoria (Chair)
- Dr. Alison Lister, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Andrew MacFarlane, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Juliette Mammei, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Tony Noble, Queen’s University
- Dr. Rachid Ouyed, University of Calgary
- Dr. Frank Prato, Western University
- Dr. Jeffrey Quilliam, Université de Sherbrooke
- Dr. Ken Ragan, McGill University
- Dr. Ralf Schirrmacher, University of Alberta
- Dr. Jeff Sonier, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Vesna Sossi, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Manuella Vincter, Carleton University