TRIUMF Science Week 2021
August 16-20, 2021
Registration is now open and will close on August 12, 2021!
This year Science Week will take place as a virtual event which proved to be a very successful format in 2020.
Science Week 2021 will feature two main streams:
- Celebrate recent achievements: We want to celebrate the achievements during the last challenging year, with a particular focus on highlighting Early Career Researchers (ECR), who have lost a lot of opportunities for networking during the past year.
- 20-Year Vision Community Engagement: We want to share with the community what we have heard in the Listening and Visioning Phase of the 20-Year Vision Development and outline the draft 20-Year Vision framework.
Science Week 2021, which will end with the Users Group Annual General Meeting will be structured as follows:
- Keynote and ECR talks on EDI, and celebrating science highlights Nuclear Physics, Life Sciences, Quantum Materials, and Accelerator Science.
- Keynote and ECR talks on Particle Physics, Scientific Computing, and Science Technology
- Afternoon poster sessions and virtual networking event
- 20-Year Vision Topical Group summaries from Subatomic Physics, Accelerators, Site Development, Quantum Technologies, and Scientific Computing
- 20-Year Vision Round Tables on Subatomic Physic and the Canadian Big Science landscape
- 20-Year Vision Topical Group summaries from Quantum Materials and Life Sciences
- 20-Year Vision Round Tables on Research supporting Sustainability, People & Skills, Life Sciences, and Innovation
- Town Hall to present and discuss the draft 20-Year Vision framework
- TRIUMF Users Group Annual General Meeting
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Heather Crawford (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Marcel Demarteau (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Tobias Junginger (University of Victoria)
- Suzi Lapi (University of Alabama)
- Peter Ostroumov (FRIB)
- Art Ramirez (UC Santa Cruz)
- Veronica Sanz (University of Valencia / University of Sussex)
- Rowan Thomson (Carleton University)
Further details about the Science Week 2021 program can be found on the Indico site.
While registration for the event is FREE, registration is required for participation. Registration is now open and will close on August 12, 2021!
Local Organizing Committee