The TRIUMF Community Above & Beyond Award initiative is a peer recognition program that provides the TRIUMF community with avenues for shining a light on one another for great work rooted in TRIUMF values of Excellence & Integrity, Safety & Accountability, and Equity & Inclusion. Nominations are now open for the 2019 awards.
Above & Beyond Awards highlight and celebrate individuals and teams across our community who accomplish exceptional things, including those who support others in making that work possible.
Both as nominators and award recipients, the TRIUMF Community Above & Beyond Awards are open to:
- TRIUMF staff and emeriti
- TRIUMF Innovations staff
- TRIUMF co-op students who work at TRIUMF during the present calendar year
- TRIUMF students
- TRIUMF Alumni and Retiree Association (TARA)
- TRIUMF House staff
- TRIUMF affiliates
During the nomination period, nominations are collected via SurveyMonkey and via paper ballots at MOB reception. Respondents are asked to share the nominee name and the 'why' behind their nomination. We invite the TRIUMF community to offer a nomination for each award category, but you're not obligated to provide nominations for all categories.
Nominators will remain anonymous internal to the process, meaning those outside the Leadership Team will not know who you nominated, but you may be publicly acknowledged for taking the time and effort to submit a nomination and for participating in the TRIUMF Community A&B Awards. The 'why' explanation in your nomination may also be shared with the nominee and the wider TRIUMF community.
There are a total of 8 award categories for the 2019 TRIUMF Community Above & Beyond Awards, with 6 individual awards, 1 team award and 1 team or individual award.
Individual Award Categories
- Superbly Safe Award: Someone who shines in how they respect the health and safety of their peers, our visitors, and our neighbours.
- Behind the Scenes Wonder Award: Someone typically unseen who makes the magic happen, whether behind or in front of the fence.
- Community Connector Award: A community leader in their own right who widens our world by uniting diverse perspectives in inclusive and equitable ways.
- Magnificent Mentor: For an excellent mentor and/or supervisor who has helped guide, champion and support others along their career/academic paths.
- Rockstar Rookie: For an absolutely outstanding new member of our TRIUMF community.
- All for One, One for All: Someone who shines in how they respect others, take care of others, and support the success of all.
Team Award Category
- They Did What? Wow! Award: “Impossible things are simply those which so far have never been done.” Well, this team made it possible.
Team or Individual Award Category
- About Dang Time Award: For a person/team who took action to make a long-awaited change happen that benefits our community.
Award process and upcoming award nomination period:
TRIUMF is now accepting nominations for the 2019 TRIUMF Community Above & Beyond Awards. You can submit a nomination via the following SurveyMonkey link or via paper ballot at reception: www.surveymonkey.com/r/aandb2019. Nominations are open until 11:59 PM PT on December 20th, 2019.
Award recipients will be announced at the upcoming Mid-Winter Celebration on January 31st, 2020. All award recipients will receive a small token in recognition of their special achievement (see below), and all award nominees will receive a letter recognizing their nomination and efforts.
For more details, please see:
For a full list of 2018 Above & Beyond Award winners, please see here.