The Vision has been developed in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Visioning and listening (Fall 2020-Spring 2021)
- A broad spectrum of stakeholders will be engaged through various means to capture the full diversity of ideas and perspectives of our community.
August 2021 update:
- Phase 2: Convergence on vision framework (Spring 2021 – Fall 2021)
- Based on the input received, the high-level pillars of the vision and supporting elements will be developed and refined through consultations.
September 2021 update:
- Here is the slide deck that was presented at the 2021 Science Week Town Hall
- Phase 3: Finalization (Fall 2021 – Summer 2022)
- The 20-year Vision document will be drafted, refined, and the final version approved by the TRIUMF Boad of Governors in Summer 2022.
April 2022 update:
The overall process for developing the 20-year Vision will be driven by an internal executive committee, the Planning Group, with contributions from a Steering Committee and 12 Topical Groups. Learn more about the 20-year Vision Development Structural Elements here.
To help guide the 20-year Vision Development Plan, Topical Groups will be asked to solicit input to address the following questions in the context of their respective topical perspectives. The questions will also form the basis of an online survey to the broad community. Learn more about the 20-year Vision Development Guiding Questions here.
The development of the 20-Year Vision document has been guided by the 20-Year Vision Steering Committee and is also being reviewed by TRIUMF’s Science Council, which advises the TRIUMF Board of Governors – the body that will ultimately approve the document.
|20-Year Vision Steering Committee||Science Council|
|Nigel Smith [Chair] (TRIUMF)||Corina Andreoiu [Chair] (Simon Fraser University)|
|Alan Bernstein (CIFAR)||Aksel Hallin (University of Alberta)|
|Rob Dunlop (ISED ret.)||Scott Oser (University of British Columbia)|
|Danika Goosney (NSERC)||Mike Wieser (University of Calgary)|
|Digvir Jayas (University of Manitoba & TRIUMF Board)||Alain Bellerive (Carleton University)|
|Dermot Kellerher (UBC)||Carl Svensson (University of Guelph)|
|Bob Kowalewski (University of Victoria)||Gerald Gwinner (University of Manitoba)|
|Ania Kwiatkowski (TRIUMF)||Graeme Luke (McMaster University)|
|Sylvain Lévesque (DBC Group & TRIUMF Board)||Claude Leroy (Université de Montréal)|
|David MacFarlane (SLAC)||Ken Clark (Queen’s University)|
|Julie Moskalyk (Science North)||Gwen Grinyer (University of Regina)|
|Karen Mossman (McMaster University & TRIUMF Board)||William Trischuk (University of Toronto)|
|Gilles Patry (U15)||Michel Lefebvre (University of Victoria)|
|Julia Philips (US National Science Board)||Wendy Taylor (York University)|
|Caterina Ramogida (SFU/TRIUMF)||Ania Kwiatkowski (TRIUMF)|
|Geneviève Tanguay (NRC)||Conny Hoehr (TRIUMF)|
|Kenji Kojima (TRIUMF)|
|Petr Navratil (TRIUMF)|
|Reda Tafirout (TRIUMF)|