This page contains resources to help TRIUMF's community navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
TRIUMF OPERATIONS – UPDATED MARCH 14, 2021
As the pandemic continues to evolve, TRIUMF’s focus will remain on ensuring the health of our people. It is our collective responsibility to keep each other safe by abiding by the rules and polices undertaken by TRIUMF in response to COVID-19.
Currently, TRIUMF is advising all staff to work from home, only coming on site to carry out essential activities that are critical to the laboratory’s ongoing operation. The intent is to carry out all scheduled shutdown projects, ARIEL work, $25M infrastructure projects, critical maintenance and other research that requires on-site activity and was already planned. Conversely, if your work can be carried out at home, we ask that it be done as such; all elective (i.e. non-essential) visits to the laboratory should be placed on hold until further notice. If you are unsure if your work (or that of your visitors or contractors) requires your presence at the laboratory, please contact your respective ALD or Deputy Director.
For all on-site work, extra consideration should also be given to the scheduling of these activities. For example, when safe and appropriate, please consider shifting planned work to off-peak hours (late afternoon, evenings, weekends) as a means to reduce on-site density. In particular, this relates to research activities that can be scheduled in a flexible manner.
Those who must be at the laboratory to complete their duties must strictly adhere to the guidelines for the site access:
- Monitor your health: Any changes in health status must be reported to you supervisor, who will then take appropriate actions following guidance outlined in the TRIUMF COVID-19 Response Plan. You must report a change in health even if you are working remotely. DO NOT COME TO TRIUMF IF YOU ARE SICK IN ANY WAY.
- Observe physical distancing guidelines: Maintain 2 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask: Masks or face coverings are mandatory in all shared indoor spaces (including the badge room) and must also be worn outside if sufficient distance between individuals cannot be maintained. Consult the COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols for additional information and details.
- Practice good hand hygiene: Wash hands frequently, and/or avail of the many sanitizer stations on site.
- Abide by posted occupancy limits across site: Follow all posted signs and coordinate attendance with your supervisor and others using the space to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
Updates, FAQs & advisories
Read the most recent site-wide communications and directives from the Task Force.
COVID-19 FAQs (New)
Frequently asked questions about TRIUMF's response to COVID-19
Protocols and guidelines
Remote work and community resources
Remote Work Resources
Need help? Want to help? Stay connected with the TRIUMF Community online:
Questions, concerns, or suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisional contact information