This page contains resources to help TRIUMF's community navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
TRIUMF OPERATIONS – UPDATED May 6, 2022
There has been a recent rise in cases on-site. Please read the following Operations reminders carefully:
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19: If you test positive for COVID-19, irrespective of the test type, please stay home and contact your supervisor and Occupational Health and Safety (via firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately to communicate the results. Do NOT email the COVID Task Force (email@example.com). Any supervisors who receive a report of positive cases within their teams must also share this information with OHS and Human Resources (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure the information is appropriately collected, recorded, and communicated.
For TRIUMF community members recovering from symptoms, please consult the Return to Work Flowchart.
Rapid tests: Rapid tests kits are now available in many local pharmacies (https://www.bcpharmacy.ca/rapid-tests/list) to those age 18 and above. A limited number of test kits are also available on-site, please contact Rock Neveau or Terry Sanghera to arrange pickup. We encourage everyone to obtain the test kits and to use them if they are symptomatic or have been in close contact with a COVID-positive individual.
The Vaccination Verification Policy remains in place at TRIUMF after April 8, 2022. Please help notify your visitors and contractors, before their visit, that vaccination proof and ID will continue to be required to enter TRIUMF. The Vaccination Verification Policy applies to all Appointees, all Employees, and those Visitors (including contractors) with site access. This policy has been implemented to safeguard our community from the COVID-19 pandemic. More information about this new policy, including the deadlines for verification, can be found below. This policy is an extension of TRIUMF’s longstanding pandemic guidelines, which include compliance with the Communicable Disease Prevention Plan, the site-wide mask mandate, and daily health checks. TRIUMF will continue to review the direction offered by the government and will provide regular updates to the community as guidance evolves.
Face covering guidelines: Please remember the current face-covering guidelines:
- Face coverings are not required in previously-mandated indoor environments, such as lobbies & hallways, cubicle clusters, break areas, meeting rooms, etc.
- People may continue to wear face coverings as a personal choice. Please be respectful of your colleagues and their varying comfort levels during this transition. Consider wearing a mask when requested by others whenever possible.
- EH&S has an adequate supply of N95 masks available should anyone require them.
- Individuals with specific health concerns should initially work directly with their Supervisors and respective groups. If necessary, issues & concerns cannot be effectively resolved, then contact OH&S or EHS.
- Access to the hallway area outside of the Main Control Room will continue to be posted and controlled. As before, the phone set up by the “STOP” sign posting (by the DRD computer sign-out desk) must still be used to notify a Control Room Operator of your need to access the area. After notification of your need to visit is received by the Control Room Operator, face coverings must be used when entering the Control Room Area.
COVID remains prevalent in our communities and is still a risk in the workplace. We ask that everyone continue to monitor their own health and stay home if you are sick or symptomatic.
If there are any questions or concerns relating to COVID-19 or these changes, please send an email to email@example.com
Beginning December 17, 2021, TRIUMF will require that all Appointees, all Employees, and those Visitors with site access must declare their vaccination status with the organization. This action is rooted in our commitment to safeguarding our community, and is informed by guidance from public health officials, community feedback, and similar policies at our member universities.
Please see the following documents for important information and key deadlines:
Updates, FAQs & advisories
Read the most recent site-wide communications and directives from the Task Force.
COVID-19 FAQs (NEW)
Frequently asked questions about TRIUMF's response to COVID-19
Protocols and guidelines
Current COVID-19 related health and safety protocols and directives
Current COVID-19 related HR protocols and directives
Current COVID-19 related site access protocols and directives
Remote work and community resources
Remote Work Resources
Need help? Want to help? Stay connected with the TRIUMF Community online:
Questions, concerns, or suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisional contact information