This page contains resources to help TRIUMF's community navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
TRIUMF OPERATIONS – UPDATED November 8, 2020
As the pandemic continues to evolve, TRIUMF’s focus will remain on ensuring the health of our people. It is our collective responsibility to keep each other safe by abiding by the rules and polices undertaken by TRIUMF in response to COVID-19.
The need to be on site varies based on personal responsibilities and circumstances. As of November 9, TRIUMF is encouraging all staff who can work from home to do so for the next two weeks; this guidance will be revisited according to direction from health authorities. Those who must be at the laboratory to complete their duties must strictly adhere to the guidelines for the site, as well as keep others accountable to these best practices:
- Monitor your health: Any changes in health status must be reported to you supervisor, who will then take appropriate actions following guidance outlined in the TRIUMF COVID-19 Response Plan. You must report a change in health even if you are working remotely. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO TRIUMF IF YOU ARE SICK.
- Respect posted occupancy limits across site: Follow all posted signs and coordinate attendance with your supervisor and others using the space to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
- Wear a mask: Masks or face coverings are mandatory in shared indoor spaces for all personnel. Consult the COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols for details and exceptions.
- Observe physical distancing guidelines: Maintain a 2 metre appropriate distance between yourself and others.
- Practice good hand hygiene: Wash hands frequently, and/or avail of the many sanitizer stations on site.
Each division is managing access to the lab independently; however, all those on site must completed the “Return to Site Orientation” (accessed via “My Courses” on the TRIUMF Learning Management System) before arriving at the laboratory. If you have any questions about your individual circumstances with respect to Return to Site, please contact your ALD.
Furthermore, site access for contractors and scientific visitors is considered on a case-by-case basis, with requests needing to demonstrate that the work can be performed safely. All visitors and contractors must follow the directions stated here (including completion of the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire), with additional guidance for scientific visitors available here.
Updates and FAQ
Read the most recent site-wide communications and directives from the Task Force.
Frequently asked questions about TRIUMF's response to COVID-19
Protocols and guidelines
Remote work and community resources
Remote Work Resources
Need help? Want to help? Stay connected with the TRIUMF Community online:
Questions, concerns, or suggestions? Email email@example.com
Divisional contact information